Monday, November 19, 2012

Cabo Pulmo Nov 16 and 17 2012


I saw a shooting star through the screens in the top of the tent tonight.  I lie awake in bed often, but rarely with a view of the stars. A view of the stars would mean a view of the morning sun which in turn would mean even less sleep. 

We dove a wreck and a reef this morning.  I had a surreal "moving wall of fish" experience.  Yellow ras swirled around and around me at a distance of a few feet.  When I would move they would divide and flow around me in another direction like a forked stream.  It took me back to the year I lived in the desert of Tuscon in the first grade.  My brothers and I would build mountains of dirt with lakes and rivers and dam and divert the flow around our mountain town creation.

There are goats head stickers and biting bugs, but with some deet and some care how you walk cabo pulmo is very nice.  The sound of the surf as we camped on the beach last night helped me sleep.  Tonight not so much.  Perhaps I should have put more effort into wearing myself out with my afternoon swim in the bay.


I have noticed I have a lot of these romantic sunset photos on my trip with Jeff.  I am definitely ready for San Jose del Cabo and Murray!  I have been doing my calisthenics to try to keep limber with all the time on the bike and sleeping on the ground.  I get no end of grief from Jeff about it, which is reasonable.  That and my daily underwear washing routine are admittedly quirky.  Plus there is usually time for me to exercise as Jeff tends to take an additional 30-40 minutes in the morning with his coffee and packing routine.  I have always noticed that women over 50 seem to lose the ability to manage the stuff they carry around and are always rummaging through a huge bag.  Especially when you are behind them at the supermarket with just a sandwich and a coke and need to get back to work.  I didn't realize the "stuff and bag" affliction could get men over 50 as well, but as I watch Jeff with all his bags and gear on the bike, he certainly suffers from that affliction.  :)  He still doesn't substitute for my normal "over 50, bag-rummaging" partner.  


Above is Jeff fully packed, you can see his helmet poking up over all the bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment